POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : localization of povray? : Re: localization of povray? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:33:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: localization of povray?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 14 Jan 2002 18:36:22
Message: <1hq64ukq5kmb4k9h0u8spfqm2b0r218k43@4ax.com>
On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:25:22 +0100, "Gergely Vandor"
<ger### [at] vandordatanethu> wrote:

>Has anyone done anything like this before? Would it be OK for the POV-team?

As long as you obey POVLEGAL you'll be fine. Better read it than trust
my explanation at 1:30 am :)

>I don't really know much about the technical side of this. I believe that
>the translation of the docs would not be a problem technically, but can the
>strings of the software itself be brought to a translator-friendly form?

Sure, no problem, just don't distribute this version as it will be a
violation of POVLEGAL. Now, making a version which *adds* support for
Hungarian keywords is another thing... but I predict serious troubles
with non-standard characters which I know Hungarian is full of.

In any case, read POVLEGAL. It explains it better.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg